L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

I made a spreadsheet for lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread needs photos!

Example of amazing rendering from the smc PENTAX 1:2 28mm, the only lens Asahi co-designed with Zeiss. Never seen objects pop like this from any other wide angle lens. Sonnar 85mm is similar rendering, but that's less of a surprise from that focal length.

53055626318_2120f14b5b_h.jpg

I‘m sorry if I my words have hurt you. Having no health constraints is without doubt the highest good we can have today and therefore I have to be lucky.
I know the MTF measurments from Zeiss and also the papers they wrote about it. It is a pity that these graphs where only published for their own glas and that there will be no new lenses in the future.
But I would give the MTF graphs from lensrentals the same confidence. The measuring device scans the lenses directly and the company use these results first to check lenses when they come back from rental. The test of new lenses was more a hobby of the founder ;-)

there were some test with stopped down lenses, but only a few. The main argument was the effort to do it and the fact, that all lenses become better when stopped down. The result tested wide open gives you a hint about the main quality: could the lens gives you good results wide open and is it worth the money (you pay for wide apertures).

Except for ultra wide angle lenses I don‘t want to focus manually anymore. So Vintage lenses are great fun, but for me also stressful to use. Especially lenses with bigger aperture could be misfocused easiliy.

No worries and no hurt!

I agree with what you write. That's why I'd love to see consistent MTF tests at a wide aperture that most every prime can nonetheless reach. Hence f/2.8 as a choice. Though even at f/5.6 there are significant differences... that aperture is good to read field curvature.

I hear you about manual focusing since I have a unique lens prescription. (Not exaggerating. One of a kind lenses are cut for me in Germany.) The S5 isn't good enough in this regard. The EVF is quite poor and the focus peaking essentially doesn't work. Somehow I muddle through.

It helps that I am not as obsessed with thin depth of field like everyone else is, apparently! I have the Lumix 35mm and 85mm to cover times when I might want f/1.8. The rest of the time f/4 is more standard. Can't recall if that easy chair was f/2.8 or f/4 but it would not have been wide open.

I own a couple f/1.2 lenses but would sell them... if I actually ever sold anything!

Nice!
missing several Leica lenses: 90-280, 21/2, 14-24, 100-400, 35/2 asph and 50/2 asph
also Sigma 70-200/2.8

Nice!
missing several Leica lenses: 90-280, 21/2, 14-24, 100-400, 35/2 asph and 50/2 asph
also Sigma 70-200/2.8

Thanks, Miker. As you can tell, I don't keep up with Leica. Your assistance is appreciated.

New version of the spreadsheet released as of today... with all of the above and five more to boot! We now have 125 full-frame L-mount lenses.

Thanks, Miker. As you can tell, I don't keep up with Leica. Your assistance is appreciated.

New version of the spreadsheet released as of today... with all of the above and five more to boot! We now have 125 full-frame L-mount lenses.
If you were inclined you could add another 13 L Mount Lenses, 7 from Leica, and 6 from Sigma - think there may be some TT Artisans too - for aps-c (Crop) bodies
18/23/35/60 Leica TL. Zooms from Leica 11-23, 18-56, 55-135. Sigma 10-18, 18-50, Primes 16, 23, 30, 56.
Worth considering these lenses for higher MP Bodies, especially for travel.

If you were inclined you could add another 13 L Mount Lenses, 7 from Leica, and 6 from Sigma - think there may be some TT Artisans too - for aps-c (Crop) bodies
18/23/35/60 Leica TL. Zooms from Leica 11-23, 18-56, 55-135. Sigma 10-18, 18-50, Primes 16, 23, 30, 56.
Worth considering these lenses for higher MP Bodies, especially for travel.

I haven't had the inclination to add in APS-C lenses. Maybe when the summer comes and I am not so overwhelmed.

Another project would be to add the L-Mount anamorphic lenses. Here is a teaser video. I've yet to start my L-Mount Forum campaign to get photographers to use anamorphic (it's not just for video) but they will want to know what lenses are out there.
Perhaps a good starting point would be a little piece on what anamorphic lenses are, and why they can be useful?

Perhaps a good starting point would be a little piece on what anamorphic lenses are, and why they can be useful?
Ha. I will. Right now I only have anamorphics for M43, and I'm looking to get something in L-Mount. Basically they make the image wider and not taller than a spherical lens. As example that Sirui 50mm 1.6x in the video I posted would expand the width 1.6 times. It would act like a 50mm lens vertically but a 31mm lens horizontally. They are used in movies quite a bit to expand the view but still give a closer in shot of the central subject. We'll learn what kind of shots will work for photography.

I got a PM regarding this thread.

I just realized that the title of this thread was confusing for the members, since they first think this would be the lens overview we have here at LMF. So I changed the title.

I appreciate the effort you put in that list, but it has a different approach to our L-Mount lens overview, which is not bad, but it differs too much from our list and should not be mixed.

So please are aware, that the list mentioned in this thread is an independent list and not our "official" LMF lens overview. The official LMF lens overview is only available here in the forum at the top of the navigation bar (or on the smartphone via the burger menu).

Sorry for this confusion.

I just realized that the title of this thread was confusing for the members, since they first think this would be the lens overview we have here at LMF. So I changed the title.

No worries. Sorry for any unintended confusion. I started this spreadsheet before I knew this forum existed!

Do not worry about it. I neither thought that could lead to confusions among the users/visitors. Maybe the google search engines lead to less concentrated readings and then the LMF logo does the rest to mix it up. Maybe it is best to close this thread so there will be no confusion in the future anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back