L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Let's talk about tripods

I assume that if they're doing CNC machining for aviation that they wouldn't get out of bed for less than £1000.
I must admit after looking at their Web Site, I think you are right. Not really unexpected as I thought they may have been pleased to know that one of their earlier products was still employed.
It is usually in use with Gimbal & S5 + Sigma 100-400 set up for some of the wild life that visit the garden. Present target is a pair Wood Peckers that enjoy emptying the peanut feeder. Having said that I should post any decent shots worth posting. Will put one or three up on here asap. Later today.

Benbo tripods are distributed by Paterson. They are said to be manufactured in the West Midlands. Paterson and Benbo Limited share the same registered office in Tipton and appear to be distributed from the same site.

When I sold them, they were "Kennett" Benbo tripods. Note the two 't's. The company at Old Warden has one t.

Jessops sold cheaper Uni-Loc knock offs of the Benbo tripod in the 80s/90s. Only obvious exterior differences seemed to be that the copies were dark brown vs the original black Benbos. Beware of brown 'Benbo' tripods.

Benbo tripods are distributed by Paterson. They are said to be manufactured in the West Midlands. Paterson and Benbo Limited share the same registered office in Tipton and appear to be distributed from the same site.

When I sold them, they were "Kennett" Benbo tripods. Note the two 't's. The company at Old Warden has one t.

Jessops sold cheaper Uni-Loc knock offs of the Benbo tripod in the 80s/90s. Only obvious exterior differences seemed to be that the copies were dark brown vs the original black Benbos. Beware of brown 'Benbo' tripods.
Correct! Mine has the Name as "Kennett". I am using it at this moment set up in Kitchen overlooking my garden wilderness. With S5 on remote. Bought mine new in NE London. Near a level crossing, can't remember the name at the moment. Thanks for the extra info.

OK 2 quick shots of tripod, and one of Subject.

Attachments

• {5}P1070814-PL6.jpg
    EXIF
    {5}P1070814-PL6.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 10
  • {5}P1070816-PL6.jpg
    EXIF
    {5}P1070816-PL6.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 8
  • {5}PANA1682-PL6.jpg
    EXIF
    {5}PANA1682-PL6.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 9
I picked up a Leofoto LS-324C with LH-40 bullhead. I got both on a sale for about $300US. I love it.

Question: with the S5 and S5 II, do you all find the articulating screen gets in the way when you want to use a bracket or cage to mount the camera vertically on a tripod? If so, what are some solutions to this?

Question: with the S5 and S5 II, do you all find the articulating screen gets in the way when you want to use a bracket or cage to mount the camera vertically on a tripod? If so, what are some solutions to this?

It's actually not too bad if the camera is set vertically on an l-bracket. Just sits at a bit of an angle.

Horizontally, I remove the upright from the l-bracket. The lower section still protects the base of the camera.

I much prefer the tilt screen of the S1R for tripod work though.

I just discovered the HEIPI 3-in-1 Travel Tripod. What is special about it is that it includes a ball head, a main tripod and a sub tripod, something that is very interesting for those who take timelapses with the sub-tripod while using the other tripod for normal photography.

The price is 370.95 € and the weight of the entire set is 1.35 kg. (The sub tripod weighs 0.19 kg and the main tripod 0.88 kg according to the HEIPI website). I leave the link in case anyone is interested.

Back