L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

***August 2023 Image and Video Thread

GeorgeHudetz

Over on the XPan thread, I posted a composite image of about 10 minutes worth of lightning strikes. About an hour after I grabbed that shot, the sun was setting, and there was this amazing little fissure in the clouds that allowed the sun to eek through in a way that it created an incredibleP1176570_4k 3.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • LUMIX S 16-35/F4
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/10 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100
streak of light, but only in a southerly direction. The net result was what looked like a huge flame thrower shooting out over the rockies. I stepped outside to capture that, and got super lucky in that a flash of lightning coincided perfectly with that particular one-tenth of a second after I pushed the shutter button. Couldn't believe it, but there it was.

Last edited:
Amazing photo, George!

Over on the XPan thread, I posted a composite image of about 10 minutes worth of lightning strikes. About an hour after I grabbed that shot, the sun was setting, and there was this amazing little fissure in the clouds that allowed the sun to eek through in a way that it created an incredibleView attachment 851 streak of light, but only in a southerly direction. The net result was what looked like a huge flame thrower shooting out over the rockies. I stepped outside to capture that, and got super lucky in that a flash of lightning coincided perfectly with that particular one-tenth of a second after I pushed the shutter button. Couldn't believe it, but there it was.
Wow, that was a really lucky shot

I've never heard of a 'foam party' before! I learn something new every day. ;)

Trying out some astrophotography with the Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN, just to try it out and see what it can do. No nice foreground I'm afraid, just pointed straight up.
Nice start! It can become quite an obsession...
Here's two quick star trails I did in Arches National Park recently. Exposure time was of the order of 10 to 15 minutes, using the S5's Live View Composite mode & the Sigma 14-24.
Light painting of the rocks (which is forbidden in Arches) was courtesy of passing cars, LOL.
First shot shows a single Perseid Meteor. And, you can see a vertical band of colors from the Milky Way just to the right of the north star.
Second shot is of Balanced Rock.
P1176834_4k.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 1600
P1176835_4k.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 800

Last edited:
Nice shot, nice plane. I flew a PA-28R quite a bit several years ago.

53142762388_eb7a3db609_o.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | A (L-Mount)
  • 43.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 134 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100
Imperfect Sunset by Jcw Photographic, on Flickr

To say I haven’t been very active on here since I joined is somewhat of an understatement. I finally got the chance to get out to a local lake for what was looking to be a dramatic sunset. Unfortunately by the time I arrived the drama had largely dissipated so I made the decision to use a long exposure to try and salvage the situation.

Back