L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

***August 2023 Image and Video Thread

Sigma fp L and 17mm f/4 DG DN. St. Mary's church in the grounds of Studley Royal park at Fountains Abbey.

I recently got the new Sigma i-series 17mm f/4 and wanted to try it out. I thought St. Mary's would be a good subject but had forgotten the church is a high point with the surrounding land falling away from it, and the spire is very tall... This is portrait orientation with the bottom third chopped off.

I think I need a tilt/shift lens. :D

Sigma fp L and 17mm f/4 DG DN. St. Mary's church in the grounds of Studley Royal park at Fountains Abbey.

I recently got the new Sigma i-series 17mm f/4 and wanted to try it out. I thought St. Mary's would be a good subject but had forgotten the church is a high point with the surrounding land falling away from it, and the spire is very tall... This is portrait orientation with the bottom third chopped off.

I think I need a tilt/shift lens. :D
Well it looks good to me.

How are you finding the 17mm so far? I'm very interested in getting one but I should really save up a bit more and wait to get something longer than the 90mm I have.

Well it looks good to me.

How are you finding the 17mm so far? I'm very interested in getting one but I should really save up a bit more and wait to get something longer than the 90mm I have.

This was the first time I've used the lens beyond checking it for any problems (everything appears to be good). It's very sharp right across the frame and with the lens profile enabled I'm not seeing anything immediately noticeable in the way of distortion or vignetting. It focuses close, 12cm, with magnification of about 0.28. The depth of field is massive so I can't really comment on the bokeh so far. The general look of the images is really nice.

When I've had the chance to use it a bit more (the weather's been awful here) I'll post some samples to the Lens Sample Images forum.

Back