L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** June 2023 Image & Video Thread

Whitby with the S5 and 70-300.

I haven't used the lens much since getting it about 18 months ago so I thought I'd try using it as my only lens on an early morning trip to Whitby to see if it'd push me into taking some photos a bit different to those with my usual wide angle lenses.

I still managed to take the typical photo of the Abbey, though; admittedly over the wall since it wasn't open that early. The heron was a surprise given the number of visitors the abbey gets: there was a nest on the edge of the pond and I could just see a couple of chicks.

Great photos Alan! Beautiful location and that lens is real gem.

A couple of pictures taken with the S1R and the Voigtländer Ultron 40mm f/2 SL IIS Aspherical Lens for Nikon F:

P1077693-5.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S1R
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 125

P1077671-6.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S1R
  • 1/200 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 2500

Last weekend a vintage electric train visited my local railway station on a charter run. The location is Cronulla.

This set comprises four restored carriages that were built in the late 1920s and early 1930s. One of the carriages was in the first train to cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge when it opened in 1932. These single-deck trains operated for many years on the Sydney suburban rail network until the last one was withdrawn in 1992.

A few sets were kept in preservation, with this one being the only operational set at the current time. They can only be operated under special conditions as the doors are not powered, the windows can be opened wide, and the network is much busier so establishing a path is not an easy assignment.

P1005531_DxO.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • LUMIX S 24-105/F4
  • 47.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/800 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 500

Technically a late May shot but just got to edit it yesterday. S5 + Sigma 40mm at f2 and 60s at ISO640, vertical panorama of two foreground and three sky shots.PANA1214-Pano-Edit copy_2048x2048_U_100_Original ratio.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • 40mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art 018
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 640

It's been a while since I've been in Spain. I sse the STOP sign in Segovia says STOP, where over here, in Mexico and I'd guess all Latin America, the signs say ALTO. Curious, I wonder why the difference, and isn't stop an English word?

Back