L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

News Lumix Lens Roadmap Updated

Very exciting. Hope they drop soon. I wonder if the 100-500 will be similar to Tamron's 150-500 with size, weight, and aperture

Looking at where it is on the roadmap I’d guess a variable aperture like 5.6-6.3 but hopefully very lightweight (lighter than the sigma 150-600mm) with optical stabilisation for dual IS. If it happens for around £1500 I will be very interested.

it is interesting to see that the short-focal / high aperture is clearly starting at wider focal length than the all-zoom, i.e. probably 26mm vs. 28mm.

Would be interesting if it was 28-85mm, hence extending to a standard portrait lens. This would distinguish the Lumix model from other offerings.
Or we get a 2/28-70 like Canon offers. From the location in the roadmap it could be an S lens and it would be time to extend the S line...
Where to go for the future? Mainstream or niche?

Or we get a 2/28-70 like Canon offers. From the location in the roadmap it could be an S lens and it would be time to extend the S line...
Honestly I don't think Panasonic are daring enough to produce such a lens.

But, given that the vertical axis corresponds to aperture, it seems that it will be an F4 lens. Probably a lightweight 28-70 F4. Seems odd, though - that's very similar to the 20-60. Perhaps it will be branded "Macro" and/or have O.I.S. Possibly better weather sealing.

But, given that the vertical axis corresponds to aperture, it seems that it will be an F4 lens. Probably a lightweight 28-70 F4. Seems odd, though - that's very similar to the 20-60. Perhaps it will be branded "Macro" and/or have O.I.S. Possibly better weather sealing.
Yeah that makes sense - never noticed the y axis correlated to aperture. Probably a new kit lens for their S1 series that will be a 28-70 f4 OIS to differentiate between their s5 line and come in a bit cheaper than the 24-105

Yeah that makes sense - never noticed the y axis correlated to aperture. Probably a new kit lens for their S1 series that will be a 28-70 f4 OIS to differentiate between their s5 line and come in a bit cheaper than the 24-105
I hope it's a pancake zoom or at least something else that's fun to differentiate from the other standard zooms.

We could really use some more pancake options.

I actually want to take something back - I was interested in the 100-500 and then I realized the RF version was close to $2600. Guessing the 70-300 or 100-400 are going to be much closer to my budget unless I happen to land some paying gigs out of nowhere

Back