L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

NAB 2024

But the camera has a 12K sensor, and at the end of the year they come with a 17K sensor o_O
I'm getting very curious about the sensors used in these cameras. According to CineD the 12K version is a full frame sensor with an 80MP resolution, a native ISO of 800, 16 stops of dynamic range and can do 12K 3:2 open gate at 80fps. I wonder who makes it, and whether we might see a variant in a future Panasonic camera?

Finally found time to watch the long Blackmagic presentation. Several times my jaw hit the floor. What they have done is absolutely insane. I have never seen a company present so much new tech at one show.

The update to Resolve alone is incredible. The new colour features integrate the best features of several commercial plugins. Now we have subtractive saturation in the ColorSlice palette and 60+ parameters of control in the new Film Look Creator. We can track an object and pan audio automatically as it moves. WTF!

Blackmagic describes the URSA Cine as a "revolutionary digital film camera" and for once this is not hyperbole. 12K full-frame sensor with a new photo-sites to achieve 16 stops of dynamic range an filmic colour. 8K widescreen capture at 224 fps. Locking PL, EF, LPL, and Hasselblad mounts. Articulated screen and high-end viewfinder plus a second monitor! 8TB Media Module with 16 lanes of PCIe, so fast that you can edit footage while it is still on the camera. Built-in OLPF and ND filters. Internal proxy generation with automatic upload to Blackmagic Cloud. Live streaming. Wireless control.

Not sure if there is competition for this camera at under 20K price point.

Finally found time to watch the long Blackmagic presentation. Several times my jaw hit the floor. What they have done is absolutely insane. I have never seen a company present so much new tech at one show.

The update to Resolve alone is incredible. The new colour features integrate the best features of several commercial plugins. Now we have subtractive saturation in the ColorSlice palette and 60+ parameters of control in the new Film Look Creator. We can track an object and pan audio automatically as it moves. WTF!

Blackmagic describes the URSA Cine as a "revolutionary digital film camera" and for once this is not hyperbole. 12K full-frame sensor with a new photo-sites to achieve 16 stops of dynamic range an filmic colour. 8K widescreen capture at 224 fps. Locking PL, EF, LPL, and Hasselblad mounts. Articulated screen and high-end viewfinder plus a second monitor! 8TB Media Module with 16 lanes of PCIe, so fast that you can edit footage while it is still on the camera. Built-in OLPF and ND filters. Internal proxy generation with automatic upload to Blackmagic Cloud. Live streaming. Wireless control.

Not sure if there is competition for this camera at under 20K price point.
I agree, although most of it is outside my budget ;-) However I do see myself buying the new colorpanel in the future. It looks to be very good quality for a price what a amateur can afford, just like the speed editor which I already own.

On a sidenote, they have something new coming what was not even in the presentation. Android Camera App!!!
For the I-phone they released it last year, but now the android version is also in the pipeline (yeaah).

I am intrigued to see what the Android app does. I have a decent-enough phone for snapshots, but the applications suck.

I am intrigued to see what the Android app does. I have a decent-enough phone for snapshots, but the applications suck.
AlexTech has a video about it. But they will start with only a few types of phone. Probably only Samsung and Google, and will add other phones later.

Back