L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Lumix 28-200

Miker

This would be helpful for the whole LMount system. Finally also lenses for a broader target group.

Let's hope that this does not cost too much.

(Still dreaming of a Sigma 28/2.0 iseries lens...)

Hopefully Panasonic will shrink the travel Zoom, like they did with the tele macro.

Yes, that would be cool. I still do not know how they achieved that shrinking with the tele macro without sacrificing the image quality. Amazing.

I'm really looking forward to this lens. If it delivers the IQ then I'll buy. I'm hoping for 24-200, but I could live with 28-200. Hopefully it'll be OIS and f4-5.6. Anyhow, hopefully soon now.

Here are the specs!

Small & light 67mm filter and 413 grams
0.5x magnification
F/4-7.1

Similar dimensions like the f1.8 primes or the 20-60 and 14-28 macro. Panasonic is really shrinking the travel Zoom. I'm a little disappointed by the max aperture. But now I'm looking forward to the long telephoto lens on the roadmap.

Similar dimensions like the f1.8 primes

Could be another advantage for videographers with a gimbal.. It is also nice to be able to use the same filters like with other Lumix lenses.

I'm a little disappointed by the max aperture.

There is always a compromise to make, if you design such a travel zoom. With fullframe this aperture is "less bad" than with APSC or MFT.

But the weight and size advantage of this lens for a fullframe lens seems to be significant.

I am curious about the image quality and AF speed.

Interesting. Not what I was expecting, but I could be interested. Looking forward now to some reviews. If it performs and isn’t crazy expensive I’ll probably buy it. Paired with the 14-28, it would make a very lightweight landscape kit.

But the weight and size advantage of this lens for a fullframe lens seems to be significant.

I am curious about the image quality and AF speed.
Yes indeed. I personally have hoped they make a little less compromise. But it's probably a good decision to make it that way. A lot of people want to have such versatile lens as compact as possible.

Image quality will be difficult. Here on L-Mount there are a lot of people migrating from m43. And on m43 there is the outstanding 12-100 for comparison.

Yeah, the size is quite astonishing. It's somewhat the same concept for L-mount as the old 12-32 and 35-100 compact m43 Lumix lenses.

I’m certainly looking forwards to seeing a few reviews on this. The one thing I miss from my Z7 is the 24-200 so this could be perfect for me. I’m assuming it is Panasonic from the ground up rather than a rebadged Tamron? Years ago I had the Sony mount Tamron 28-200 and was really disappointed in its performance.

I’m certainly looking forwards to seeing a few reviews on this. The one thing I miss from my Z7 is the 24-200 so this could be perfect for me. I’m assuming it is Panasonic from the ground up rather than a rebadged Tamron? Years ago I had the Sony mount Tamron 28-200 and was really disappointed in its performance.
There is no Tamron like this. There is no lens like this from any other manufacturer. So it's Panasonic from ground up.

Back