L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

SIGMA 70-200mm F2.8 DG DN OS | Sports

Alexis

1699444213250.png

The SIGMA 70-200mm F2.8 DG DN OS | Sports is a large-aperture zoom lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras. In addition to the expressive imaging capabilities owing to the latest optical design, the lens offers a high level of performance and features that meet the expectations of professionals in both still and video, including high-speed autofocus with HLA (High-response Linear Actuator), optical stabilizer with the latest algorithm “OS2”, and the superior weather resistance of SIGMA’s Sports line.
Combined with the SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art and the SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art, SIGMA’s three zoom lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras with a bright F2.8 constant aperture cover a wide range of focal lengths.

■Launch: December, 2023
■Available mounts: L-Mount, Sony E-mount

Too expensive for Sigma in my opinion

Here we still do not have a price for the new Sigma 70-200, but I suppose it is around 1400 or a little less. When local stores have it available I will post the price here. I have to add that I have always bought the native lenses of each brand and I only had 3 sigma, but since I have the Lumix I have bought 4 art and I am very happy, the Art are heavy but wonderful

Here we still do not have a price for the new Sigma 70-200, but I suppose it is around 1400 or a little less. When local stores have it available I will post the price here. I have to add that I have always bought the native lenses of each brand and I only had 3 sigma, but since I have the Lumix I have bought 4 art and I am very happy, the Art are heavy but wonderful
In quality and construction I totally agree, the sigma are incredible. What I don't like is how they focus compared to the lumix. Slower and noisier

Slow and noisy? any specific one or all? If you record, you may notice it more than someone who only takes photos, as is my case. I know the red button is there but I have never pressed it.

Too expensive for Sigma in my opinion
why "for Sigma"?

The price should be judged by the quality of the optics, autofocus, etc. The brand doesn't matter.

The Panasonic equivalent is 500€ more expensive, 1200€ more expensive for Sony and Nikon, 1400€ for Canon...

if it's as good as the 14-24 and 24-70 sigma, for me it's a very good price.

why "for Sigma"?

The price should be judged by the quality of the optics, autofocus, etc. The brand doesn't matter.

The Panasonic equivalent is 500€ more expensive, 1200€ more expensive for Sony and Nikon, 1400€ for Canon...

if it's as good as the 14-24 and 24-70 sigma, for me it's a very good price.
Right now if the sigma comes out at 1700€ in my country you can wrap the Panasonic for that same price

The auto focus should be faster and less noise with the new linear focusing motors, introduced with the 60-600.
I had the sigma 105mm art macro and I didn't like the focus because it was very noisy

1499.00 GBP and available for pre-order... I'm a little disappointed in weight and size, hoped for smaller but expect I will be on the waiting list:).
Few reviews out there, really want to see one with it mounted on the S52 so we can have a better idea on AF performance, only L mount review I have found so far is on Leica SL2s and AF isn't great!

For anyone interested or considering the lens, mine arrived this morning. Only had ten minutes in the field tracking dogs at play but I know already the lens is the best tracking AF performer I have tried on the S52, very promising.
Did you try the Lumix 70-200/2.8? That would be the most interesting comparison.

Did you try the Lumix 70-200/2.8? That would be the most interesting comparison.
Not the 2.8 but the f/4, on older L mount bodies. The only telephoto's I have tried on the S52 are the Sig 100-400 and the Pan 70-300. I wouldn't go with the Panasonic 2.8 - it's just a step too far size/weight wise for me, but I agree, would be good to see a comparison between the two. Panasonic have the 2.8 on offer now putting them in pretty much the same price range (I've seen them at £1499 after cash back)so I guess they were feeling a little threatened by the arrival of the Sigma.

Not the 2.8 but the f/4, on older L mount bodies. The only telephoto's I have tried on the S52 are the Sig 100-400 and the Pan 70-300. I wouldn't go with the Panasonic 2.8 - it's just a step too far size/weight wise for me.
The Panasonic 2.8 is about the same size and only 200 g more. The price is also not that much higher now. But I didn't find any direct comparison yet.

Back